"More addictive than a goddam video game" - Balloon Juice

"One of my very favorite music blogs ever..." - Singer/Songwriter Emma Wallace

"Fascinating... really GREAT!!! You'll learn things about those tunes we all LOVE to play and blow on... SOD is required reading for my advanced students. It's fun, too!" - Nick Mondello of
AllAboutJazz.com

"I never let a day go by without checking it." - Bob Madison of Dinoship.com

"I had dinner the other night with some former WNEW staff members who spoke very highly of your work." - Joe Fay

Monday, December 21, 2009

'Deed I Do

By Fred Rose & Walter Hirsch
1926

An old vaudeville tune, introduced on stage by S.L. Stambaugh, but popularized in later recordings by Ben Bernie and Ruth Etting. It is also notable for being the very first song recorded by the young Benny Goodman in late 1926.

Lyrics:

Do I want you?
Oh my do I
Honey, indeed I do

Do I need you?
Oh my do I
Honey, a-deed I do

I'm glad that I'm the one who found you
That's why I'm always hangin' around you

Do I love you?
Oh my do I
Honey, deed I do

Recorded By:

Diana Krall
Ella Fitzgerald
Perry Como
Blossom Dearie
Billie Holiday

2 comments:

emma wallace said...

Love this song! My favorite version is definitely Blossom Dearie.

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

B-Sol said...

Another one that's quite suited to your voice! That standards album is coming, right?? :-)

Listen to The Jonathan Station