"More addictive than a goddam video game" - Balloon Juice

"One of my very favorite music blogs ever..." - Singer/Songwriter Emma Wallace

"Fascinating... really GREAT!!! You'll learn things about those tunes we all LOVE to play and blow on... SOD is required reading for my advanced students. It's fun, too!" - Nick Mondello of
AllAboutJazz.com

"I never let a day go by without checking it." - Bob Madison of Dinoship.com

"I had dinner the other night with some former WNEW staff members who spoke very highly of your work." - Joe Fay

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Someday My Prince Will Come

By Larry Morey & Frank Churchill
1937

A classic example of the ability of the Disney studio to create timeless standards, once upon a time. First sung in Disney's original animated feature Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs by Adriana Caselotti, the voice of Snow White, it took another 20 years for it to become a bona fide standard when it was rediscovered by Dave Brubeck.

Lyrics:

Some day my prince will come,
Some day we'll meet again,
And away to his castle we'll go,
To be happy forever, I know.

Some day when spring is here,
We'll find our love anew,
And the birds will sing,
And wedding bells will ring,
Some day when my dreams come true.

Recorded By:

Miles Davis
Barbra Streisand
Sinead O'Connor
Oscar Peterson
Herbie Hancock

No comments:

Listen to The Jonathan Station