"More addictive than a goddam video game" - Balloon Juice

"One of my very favorite music blogs ever..." - Singer/Songwriter Emma Wallace

"Fascinating... really GREAT!!! You'll learn things about those tunes we all LOVE to play and blow on... SOD is required reading for my advanced students. It's fun, too!" - Nick Mondello of
AllAboutJazz.com

"I never let a day go by without checking it." - Bob Madison of Dinoship.com

"I had dinner the other night with some former WNEW staff members who spoke very highly of your work." - Joe Fay

Saturday, October 13, 2018

I'll String Along With You

By Harry Warren and Al Dubin
1934

From the powerhouse team of Warren & Dubin, also responsible for such classics as "I Only Have Eyes for You", "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", "With Plenty of Money and You" and "Lulu's Back in Town", this one was written for the 1934 Warner Bros. musical Twenty Million Sweethearts. During this time, Warren & Dubin had been teamed up to write songs for a series of Warner Bros. musicals starting with 42nd Street the previous year. "I'll String Along With You" was introduced in the film by Dick Powell, who croons it to Ginger Rogers. The first recorded release would come the same year from Ted Fio Rito and His Orchestra.

Lyrics: 
You may not be an angel 
'Cause angels are so few 
But until the day that one comes along 
I'll string along with you
I'm looking for an angel 
To sing my love song to 
And until the day that one comes along 
I'll sing my song to you
For every little fault that you have 
See, I've got three or four 
The human little faults you do have 
Just make me love you more
You may not be an angel 
But still I'm sure you'll do 
So until the day that one comes along 
I'll string along with you
Recorded By:

Diana Krall
Nat King Cole Trio
Doris Day
Morgana King
Patti Page

1 comment:

yosabrams0918 said...

It’s arduous to search out knowledgeable individuals on this subject, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks online gambling

Listen to The Jonathan Station