"More addictive than a goddam video game" - Balloon Juice

"One of my very favorite music blogs ever..." - Singer/Songwriter Emma Wallace

"Fascinating... really GREAT!!! You'll learn things about those tunes we all LOVE to play and blow on... SOD is required reading for my advanced students. It's fun, too!" - Nick Mondello of
AllAboutJazz.com

"I never let a day go by without checking it." - Bob Madison of Dinoship.com

"I had dinner the other night with some former WNEW staff members who spoke very highly of your work." - Joe Fay

Friday, June 5, 2009

Be Careful, It's My Heart

By Irving Berlin
1942

For the classic movie musical Holiday Inn, a whole bunch of Berlin songs were assembled, some old chestnuts and others specifically written for the film. This clever love song was one of the latter, written by the composer especially for Bing Crosby to sing in the picture.

Lyrics:

Be careful, it's my heart.
It's not my watch you're holding, it's my heart.

It's not the note that I sent you that you quickly burned,
It's not a book I lent you that you never returned.

Remember, it's my heart.
The heart with which so willingly I part.

It's yours to take, to keep or break,
But please, before you start,
Be careful, it's my heart.

Recorded By:

Frank Sinatra
Dinah Shore
Rosemary Clooney
John Pizzarelli
Vera Lynn

No comments:

Listen to The Jonathan Station